Signs You May Need an Air Conditioning Service Repair
By Lora Davis
Hiring a professional for Air Conditioning Service Repair can be expensive but if you do general maintenance on your AC unit, you can reduce the AC repair service calls. One of the most effective and simplest ways to keep your AC running efficiently is to change the filter at least once a month. When a filter is clogged or dirty it will make your air conditioner work much harder. Buying new filters are easy on your budget, will help to extend the life of your air conditioner, and help to lower your utility bill.
You should also make sure that the fins and AC coils on the outside of the unit are clear of obstruction and clean. Sometimes debris such as leaves accumulate around the AC unit so your unit will have to work harder to function. To clean it just use a broom and a regular garden hose but do not use a pressure washer. It could harm the system with the strong spray. Even if you do regular maintenance on your air conditioner unit, there still may be times that you will need to call an Air Conditioning Service Repair company.
Here are some signs to look and listen for that might indicate the need for service.
- If it does not work at all, look to see if the thermostat is put on the “cool” position. Make sure that the cooling temperature is not higher than the home or room temperature. If those two things are okay then it could be a breaker has not tripped. After checking all and your AC unit is still not running you should call an Air Conditioning Service Repair.
- If you can hear it operating but has no or little cool air coming from the vents and the thermostat is at a practical temperature there could be a problem inside the unit.
- Most air conditioners make some noise that seems like a normal part of the environment but if it starts to make strange unusual noises you should call the repair service
- If you start to notice strange smells coming from the AC unit. It could be an indication that there is mold, mildew, or dirt inside the unit. The contaminated air that AC is putting out will circulate through the house and could cause health problems. This problem should be addressed as soon as possible.
- Air conditioners normally cycle off and on to retain a steady temperature throughout the home. If the temperature outside is not warmer than usual and it starts to turn off and on more frequently than it usually does this could indicate that there is a problem with the AC unit.
- You notice water is leaking around or in the unit