HVAC Contractors for Commercial Buildings – 5 Things To Look For
By Jed C. Jones Ph.D.
HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems are used for the heating and cooling of residential and commercial buildings. They also have an extra benefit that most people are unaware of. Many HVAC systems are able to purify the air inside a building while maintaining a constant temperature.
Such systems are able to remove contaminants that include chemicals, organic compounds, and odors.
Companies all over the country are installing them in increasing numbers, and there are many reasons why you should have a system installed as well. There are, however, some things to be aware of when installing your own HVAC system.
5 Things To Look For HVAC Contractors
Be sure to look for these 5 things to ensure your search for an installer is hassle-free :
- First, be sure to find a company that is certified. On occasion there may be uncertified companies advertising their services, but in truth may be unqualified to do so.
- Always give close attention to the experience of the company. It is never good to hire an inexperienced company. Before hiring, ask the company’s representatives to show you their recent projects; this will help you know which company is your best selection.
- Once you have selected a certified company, then obtain a written contract. This way you will be able to see what services they will be performing for you and will allow you to avoid any financial issues in the future.
- See whether the company provides post-installation services or not. There are companies that claim that they will offer post-installation services, but they do not do so in an effective way. Therefore, this service should be in written in the contract as well. These maintenance and repair services will be essential for the upkeep of your HVAC system, and will be more effective and efficient if preformed by the same company that installed the system in the first place.
- Finally, make sure that the company has safety and health policy for its employees. Accidents are, unfortunately, always possible, so in order to protect yourself from footing the bill in the case of an accident, be sure that the company has insurance for your own protection.
With these five things, you should have no problem determining which company to use to install a new HVAC system. Remembering these five tips will save you money, time, and effort.